GHNNC congratulates Joe Vitti on receiving a “Leaders of Character” Award from Learning for Life, Western Los Angeles County Council. His accomplishments and contributions to our neighborhood are many, including:
- Joe actively participated in the formation and certification of GHNNC from 2001 – 2003.
- He was elected to the GHNNC Board in 2003 and serves on several committees.
- In 2006 he was appointed by Councilman Greig Smith to serve on the Neighborhood Council Review Board as a commissioner representing the 12th Council District.
- Joe is the GHNNC representative to the L.A. Department of Water and Power and participated in the development of the precedent-setting LA-DWP-NC Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) in April of 2005.
- Joe currently represents GHNNC at the Los Angeles Neighborhood Council Coalition (LANCC).
- Joe has been an active board member of the Granada Hills Chamber since 2002 and is presently serving on the boards for Los Angeles Mission College Foundation and Mid-Valley Family YMCA.
- Joe Vitti, a Valley VOTE member since 1998, has served as Valley VOTE’s President since 2003. He has guided Valley VOTE’s members and committees in developing positions and preparing reports on key quality-of-life issues facing Valley residents and the citizens of Los Angeles. Joe has been a major driver behind Valley VOTE’s mission, to “empower the people of the San Fernando Valley and the City of Los Angeles to improve local governance, education and public participation on policy matters.”